Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:11:47 +0100 (BST)
From:      Neil Hoggarth <njh@kernighan.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: init: /bin/sh terminates abnormally in /etc/rc Qlogic problem? profiling timer expired

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Mark Rowlands wrote:

> I saw the thread form 6/7 september on profiling timer expired.
> I too have a qlogic card! and the same symptom

I still have the problem, and I haven't had a chance to properly explore
it. I had a quick poke around with the web interface to the CVS
repository, and it appeared to me that the Qlogic driver itself hasn't
changed since 4.1-RELEASE, and I'm running 4.1-RELEASE okay (well, sort of
- I'm having X11 problems that I didn't have with 3.4-RELEASE, but I don't
know that this is related to the profiling timer thing).

Regards,

Neil.