Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 07:53:15 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, gibbs@plutotech.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za
Subject:   Re: help needed with kernel debuging and gdb

>Next time you're in DDB, try using the syscons scroll back.  It seems
>to work just find for me if I hit a key between each tap of a pgUp/Down
>key.  I don't know why this works since interrupts are obviously disabled.

That's what I meant didn't work (ddb doesn't have scrollback itself).
You're right that it sort of works if you hit a key [that causes output].
I think this is because the scrollback happens to be handled in the
output routine although it is not handled in the normal way by the
timeout routine.

Switching of consoles has similar problems.  Output fixes some of the
problems by updating the screen, but output is only done when vt0 is
the current vt so doing extra output doesn't help much, it just completes
switches back to vt0.

Bruce