Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:16:28 +0100
From:      Pierre DAVID <Pierre.David@crc.u-strasbg.fr>
To:        Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: updated net80211 layer committed

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 10:59:19AM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:

> I just committed a major update to the 802.11 support.  I did my best to
> verify all existing users compile and work (where I have cards) but there's
> sure to be some fallout.  In particular I expect that wi cards operating in
> hostap with wep will need some fixup.  If you encounter problems please post
> here as I've been promised other folks will assist in handling issues.

This is really a major update! I'm now able to use our 802.11
network, with an EAP/TTLS based 802.1X authentication.

Nearly everything went smoothly, except two nits:

    - as EAP/TTLS support was apparently not enabled in the
	wpa_supplicant port, I had to force its configuration.

    - I had to manually set:
	ifconfig ath0 authmode 8021x
	(ifconfig was incorrectly using WPA1+WPA2)

Thanks for this great and long awaited work!

Pierre