Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:31:19 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kmem_map too small, revisited

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:18:37PM -0500, Sven Willenberger wrote:
> What exactly is "cred" and how would I go about finding out a) if that
> first set of numbers is completely out of line and b) what is causing it
> to go so high if it is in fact out of whack.

cred is for the credentials of an object (who created it, so the
kernel knows what it is permitted to do). A leak of cred objects
related to tcp connections was fixed on the 19th of Feb in -current
and was merged before the release of 5.2. Is the code you are
running recent enough to have this fix?

	David.