Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 13:18:27 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Thomas Roell <roell@crab.xinside.com>
Cc:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 driver & Wincast -- some success

Hi,

The Bt848 can burst to different address pending on the frame . All this
controlled by a "Risc Program" which the Bt848 executes during the
video capture process.

This is a simple loop in the driver. What is doing is loading
into physical memory :
	"write to this address N number of pixels"
	"write to this address M number of pixels"
N+M has is the total width of pixels desired.

for even frames , I start bursting the frame data to the start of the buffer
for odd  frames , the starting addres of the capture buffer is "buffer+pitch".

    for (i = 0; i < (rows/interlace )  ; i++) {
      *dma_prog++ = inst;
      *dma_prog++ = target_buffer;
      *dma_prog++ = inst3;
      *dma_prog++ = target_buffer + b;
      target_buffer += interlace*(cols * pixel_width);
    }

If you wanted to do double or tripe bufferring  then it will be a simple
matter of loading into the host memory and appropiate program
which starts to burts the frame at the desired address in memory

Where is the list of dual display capable cards ? 8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio