Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 11:38:38 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suggested additions for periodic

On Tue, 06 Apr 1999 22:32:52 +0100, Duncan Barclay wrote:

> The files consist of lines containing the pathname of each script
> and a field indicating whether to run the script or not.

Hi Duncan,

I suspect you're going to take a lot of heat over whether or not the
configuration of periodic(8) should be in its own conf files, or whether
rc.conf is "good enough". Ignore it. :-)

> The first matching entry in the configuration files determines the
> run policy.

> I'll finish the TODO's if people think this is a worthwhile addition,
> otherwise I'll keep them as local patches.

Let's see what you've got so far. If the diffs are big, post a URL.

I like the sound of this. It's nice to see you working on how to improve
what we've got, rather than joining the masses who bitch about what we
don't have. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.