Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:52:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rvplayer requires pcm for stable

On 14-Oct-98 Studded wrote to Jordan:

>       You've had about a dozen responses from people who are saying, "I use
> the voxware driver and I'd miss it if there were no suitable
> replacement." Given that most of the people who will be affected by this
> decision aren't reading the lists, you should consider that an
> overwhelming reason not to nuke voxware.

Not to mention those that haven't commented.  I've not been able to get
Luigi's driver to run on my old Gravis Ultrasound (the original, not the
PNP).  As well as it works I see no reason to replace it, either.  Of
course rvplayer doesn't work with it tho but that's a whole 'nother thing.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow