Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 13:55:02 -0600
From:      "rbi" <willd@telusplanet.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel 4.2 to 4.3 upgrade.

Thanks in advance for reading this message..

I have some perl scripts running on one of my FBSD servers, basically the
scripts get stats from several routers in my environment (Machine A). I
installed 4.2-RELEASE on this server.
I noticed that this box was causing high cpu usage on the routers when the
perl scripts ran.
After further investigation it turns out that a 4.3-Release (Machine B)
server in a different office running the same perl scripts on the same
hardware and routers is not experiencing the problem.

I decided to change the (Machine A) kernel to 4.3-RELEASE. It seemed to fix
the problem. However, this machine is running a firewall rules (Machine A).
When I enabled the firewall the 4.3-RELEASE kernel would boot but not load
the firewall rules. I needed to disable the firewall to get normal
connectivity to the network.

Any idea how I could get the rules to load properly. It seems that the ipfw
command is not understood.

Thanks for your help.