Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2011 02:41:48 +0100
From:      "Terrence Koeman" <root@mediamonks.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Da Rock <freebsd-questions@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
Subject:   RE: no apache22, php5 cores

[snip]
> Apache will work with php, but some sites may be coded with it, so they
> will simply show the code- careful with security! Better stop apache to
> be sure until it works with php, OR comment out the sites using it.

Afaik it's possible to protect yourself against this problem by configuring=
 Apache to refuse serving some types of files (.php, etc.) as static. This =
provides a safeguard against serving up config files with passwords and wha=
tnot.

As I don't run Apache any longer I can't help with the details, but I remem=
ber it being quite simple to accomplish.

There's also a script floating around on the internet that will detect a ph=
p load failure, send a mail about it, switch config files and start up apac=
he without PHP and have it serve up a PHP load error page for all PHP reque=
sts.

--
Regards,
T. Koeman, MTh/BSc/BPsy; Technical Monk

MediaMonks B.V. (www.mediamonks.com)
Please quote relevant replies in correspondence.