Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:14:51 -0400
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Netscape communicator vs navigator stability

On my P200MMX, I haven't been able to run anything past Netscape 4.08
Communicator on 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4. With 4.5, 4.6 or 4.7, The mail
side
works fine, the browser just goes away..particularly on netscape.com,
which
is a hoot...8-) . 4.08 runs fine, but I don't like the mail client as
well.

Anyway, I tried the 4.7 *navigator* and it works just fine.

Anybody else see anything like this?

I even tried running the Communicator with the support files from
the Navigator, and it still just "goes away". No error messages.
It usually even cleans up the ~/.netscape/lock file. Quite often
it leaves a running binary with no window, though.

I know, I know... but Mozilla isn't quite ready for prime time yet...

--
Jim Durham