Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 21:18:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        Gert-Jan.Vons@ocegr.fr
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
Subject:   Re: 2.1R+PCVT+Xfree on Thinkpad

As Gert-Jan.Vons@ocegr.fr wrote:

> ( I don't know what is going on exactly when using PCVT, but the
>   keyboard is dead when I start X. However, I can rlogin and use
>   scons to switch to another screen where the keyboard works fine.
>   Switching back to the X screen results in a keyboard that is no
>   longer dead, but that apparently sends the wrong codes :-(

Seems like your keyboard controller isn't willing to enable scan code
set I translation.  I've heard this from somebody else running a
ThinkPad.

Scan code set I (aka. ``ancient PC scan codes'') is currently required
by XFree86.

You could try playing with kbdio(8) (it's not built by default, but
you can find it in the pcvt sources under /usr/src/usr.sbin/pcvt/), to
further confirm or reject my theory.

--
cheers, J"org