Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:45:02 -0500
From:      "crg" <hackthis@texas.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   custom release / custom install.cfg

hackers:

I built my own custom release and created a custom install.cfg file.
The file is good because I tested with a FreeBSD 4.3Release.
And it partitions my disk and installs the a custom bin distro.

Now for my custom release, I deleted all bin.?? files and inserted some
of my own files and directories in the R/cdrom/disc2 filesystem.
Next, I created one big bin.aa file ~ 60M since I am going burn a CD.

It works fine (partitions the disk) until it trys to "Extracting bin into /"
It hangs there.  Yes debugging in the install.cfg file is set to yes and
after
I hit Alt-F2, the messages are not helpful at all. The last line reads:
DEBUG   Trying for piece 1 of 1: bin/bin.aa

I redid all the md5 checksums in CHECKSUM.MD5 and edited bin.inf.

Can I just create another bin.?? file with my files and add it to the
bin.inf and do the md5
checksum against it. And just add it to the bin directory on the iso image?
Or is this foul?

-CRGarcia