Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:26:03 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Adam Stroud <adstro@stny.rr.com>
Cc:        Lee Harr <missive@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disable Mozilla profile

In the last episode (Jan 03), Adam Stroud said:
> Thanks for the reply, I am seeing the profile manager when I try to
> open a second instance of Mozilla.  I cant open another instance
> until I create another profile.  I understand that these profiles can
> be useful, but they can also be a sole reason not to use Mozilla.

You should not try and open a second instance of Mozilla on the same
profile, since they won't communicate with each other and you'll
probably end up corrupting your cache files, bookmarks, history, etc
etc.  The mozilla port installs a wrapper script at
/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla that only launches mozilla the first time it is
called, and after that passes commands to the running instance.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com