Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:03:11 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current Breaks courier-imap and/or pam?

On 2003-01-10 19:06:18 (-0500), Jeff Utter <sirfunk@sadclown.net> wrote:
> Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone out there used Courier Imap on
> current using authpam? ...

Yeps...

> In the last couple days i upgraded both my current installation (from about
> 1 week old, to CURRENT current) and the courier-imap port. After this, i
> noticed that my courier imap stopped working... i tried downgrading to the
> last version 1.53 (i think) but that didnt' help one bit. the auth test
> program that comes w/ courier imap, seems to work fine. However when i login
> via telnet to the imap server, it acts as follows:

Read the PR I submitted about this a few hours ago:

  <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=46960>;

I remember noticing this behaviour a couple of weeks ago too, but being in a
hurry then, I just fixed it and neglected to submit a PR :-/

> The only thing i think that could be goign wrong is something changed w/ PAM
> in Current recently? is that so?.. however SSH still works, so i'm somewhat
> confused.  I'm SURE i'm using the correct password ect..

Nope, the port overwrites /etc/pam.d/imap and /etc/pam.d/pop3 with broken
'defaults'.  Just copy src/etc/pam.d/imap and src/etc/pam.d/pop3 into their
respective spots on /etc and you should be fine.

> Anyone have a similar experiance, or any ideas?

Me :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  In any organisation there will always be one person
  who knows what is going on.
  This person must be fired.