Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:39:35 +0200
From:      Roland Jesse <jesse@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Specify a working directory for the build target

Hi,

while creating the port lang/squeak3 I stumbled about the following:

The build should be done in a separate directory which is created during
the configure step. The part of the Makefile looks currently as follows:

pre-configure:
	echo "wrksrc = ${WRKSRC}"		# temporary!
	@${MKDIR} ${WRKSRC}/build
	@cd ${WRKSRC}/build

pre-build:
	cd ${WRKSRC}/build

That does not ensure that the "make build" is done in ${WRKSRC}/build. A
"make" inside my ports directory results in: