Date:      12 Apr 96 16:30:39 EDT
From:      Derek Duban <73642.3445@CompuServe.COM>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Installing with boot easy

I have a P166 with 3 harddrives.  It used to have OS/2 and Win95 but I killed
them in order to install UNIX.  I WILL install them back afterward as they are
fully backed up elsewhere.  I was previously using OS/2 Boot Manager but a few
failed BSD install attempts ago (it works now) it was eliminated.  It seemed to
me that BSD attempts to install a bit of itself onto each and every physical
harddrive.  Is this true?  I don't think it actually did this but some
clarification would be nice.

Anyways.  I think I now have FreeBSD installed but I cannot get Boot Easy (which
now launches upon boot) to give me the option to boot BSD (or OS/2).  It does
give me the DOS option though.  Currently this is my only real concern right
now.  I have BSD set as bootable.  But how do I tell Boot Easy to now start
booting BSD and OS/2.  Where is it's setup program?

I am almost completely new to UNIX but I know DOS and Windows through and
through (and hate them both).  I also have a good understanding of hard disks
and all that stuff as far I DOS is concerned (for example "mounting" is a
foriegn concept).

Any help would be appreciated,  I realize you are probably bombarded with tonnes
of email but haste is a good thing.  I'll keep playing around, see what else new
I can learn or even get it to work.

Thanks,
Derek
73642.3445@compuserve.com