Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:35:43 -0400
From:      Mark Segal <mark@club-web.com>
To:        Eddie Fry <eddie@wicked.eaznet.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND-8

Eddie Fry wrote:

> I can't seem to find the port for BIND-8.  Is there one?  I remember some reference to someone >building one a couple of months ago.  I searched the archives with no luck.  I'm running 2.2.2. If >there's not a port, is there anything I need to watch out for during the install?

I'm not sure abou the port but it's pretty simple to install. Just read
the "INSTALL", basically a make statement..
	However, watch out because the named.boot is gone it's now a
named.conf... a bit different in it's setup... but there is a conversion
script included with the distrubution.
	Lastly make sure you include a listen-on directive, ie what ports the
named server should listen for dns queries (only if you have multipule
IP's bound to that machine) syntax is as follows:

--- Named.conf begin ------

options {
	directory "/etc/namedb";
	listen-on {127.0.0.1;207.176.196.2;};  <--- here it is local host and
the nic dns server.
};

zone "." {
	type hint;