Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:01:01 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, peter@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Panic with sparc nfs client and 4.x i386 server

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

It looks like there is an interop problem with a FreeBSD sparc nfs
client running from a 4.x i386 nfs server.  I got panics about once a
day on my nfs server at home when I tried to do sparc package builds
from it (this is with RELENG_4 going back at least 6 months), and in
the past two days (since I started using it to build sparc packages
too) bento.freebsd.org has panicked twice with:

Fatal double fault:
eip = 0xc0279bf6
esp = 0xe1771fec
ebp = 0xe1772018
mp_lock = 00000100; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 01000000
panic: double fault
mp_lock = 00000100; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 01000000
boot() called on cpu#0

Since I switched to a 5.0 nfs server at home I have not seen this
problem, so it appears to be RELENG_4 only.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Kris
--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--