Date:      Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:35:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        cyborg_sa@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Modem

In message: <BAY124-W486382562CD33FDF19AE7280BB0@phx.gbl>
            Saad Ali <cyborg_sa@hotmail.com> writes:

: I have a CDMA connection with a Huawei wireless ETS2551 phone set
: that connects to my PC using a TUSB3410 cable (UART to USB). It gets
: detected as "TUSB3410 Boot Device" under the device node ugen0 which
: is a generic device node. My question is that how can I use this
: modem builtin to the phone set in FreeBSD. I was advised to
: recompile the kernel but I cant find my device name under the
: FreeBSd 6.1 hardware list.

Most cellphone modems aren't in the hardware list because they change
more often than we can document them...

Try building a kernel with the following devices:

device		ucom
device		umodem
device		umct
device		uark
device		ubsa
device		ubser
device		uftdi
device		uplcom
device		uvisor
device		uvscom

Maybe we should start putting them in GENERIC, because I've answered
this question a dozen times in the past few months.

Warner