Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:54:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?vishwanath=20pargaonkar?= <vishubp@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipv6 help!!

Hi,
I have freebsd 4.2. I configured prefixes as follows.
               prefix rl0 3ffe:501:ffff:100::
        and    prefix rl0 3ffe:501:ffff:100::
prefixlen 32

I got some error messages. But when i checked ndp and
ifconfig rl0 two
prefixes and two addresses were there.
Now when i delete them by
               prefix rl0 delete 3ffe:501:ffff:100::
       and     prefix rl0 delete 3ffe:501:ffff:100::
prefixlen 32

the address formed from the prefix of prefixlength 32
does not get
deleted.
Can anybody tell me why is this is happening? Is this
a bug in freebsd?
If this is a bug and has been already fixed, kindly
mail me the link.

One more thing, I talked about the error message it is
like this
          for the prefix of length 32 it is giving the
message that
address is already formed and in6_control failed
because address is
already in use(EADDRINUSE).
I feel that the address formed from the same prefix
but of different
lengths (in this case 64 and 32) are differnet. So how
is this message
comming? Kindly update me on this.
regards
ravi prasad