Date:      Tue, 01 Feb 2000 21:39:17 -0800
From:      Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Monitoring internet traffic on one interface

I've read about, and seen graphs produced by MRTG. To say the least, I
was very impressed with the product :-)

I run FreeBSD on a machine with 2 NIC cards. It runs NAT for my cable
modem here at home. I'm wondering if & how it is possible to setup MRTG
and SNMP in such a way that it could monitor the bandwidth going in/out
my cable modem and produce those lovely graphs.

My network interfaces are setup like this:

192.168.10.x <-> xl0 <-> FreeBSD+NATD <-> lnc1 <-> Cable Modem

The cable modem is plugged directly into lnc1.

Thanks,
Sean