Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 17:45:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Eli <elijah@OmniSoft.KillerLabs.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   hardware problems..

A friend of mine is having problems installing freebsd.. the last distro
he successfully installed was 2.1.5.. but now when he tries to install, it
hangs just before sysinstall... he's tried a few different snap distros,
and 2.2.5, etc.. they all hang just before sysinstall..  this is a rough
idea of his hardware config...

AMD 486DX4100
generic 1 mb pci vid card (Trident)
some amd chipset mb I think, (not sure on cipset) PCI
16 megs of ram
reveal 4x cdrom
ide (maxtor on 1st controller, cd on 2nd)

any ideas?

any help would be greatly appreciated.. if someone knows anything about
this, either email back to the list (i'll get that) or email my friend at
rholland@freon.republic.k12.mo.us..

thanks

Eli Klein
OSG - The OmniSoft Group