Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 13:44:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Maintenance user <maint@spike.fa.gau.hu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.1 source tree over 2.2

Hello!
	I have installed a couple of weeks ago. Than 2.2.1 came out. As I
didn't want to reinstall the whole thing, I just removed the old sources
from /usr/src, and installed the new 2.2.1 sources with the suplied
install.sh script. I did: make mk, make hierarchy, etc. as usual, but make
libraries stopped with error. Before stopping there were pages of error
messages like the following:

readline.so: Definition of symbol `_rl_abort' (multiply defined)
readline.so: Definition of symbol `_rl_copy_text' (multiply defined)
readline.so: Definition of symbol `_rl_savestring' (multiply defined)
readline.so: Definition of symbol `_rl_revert_line' (multiply defined)
readline.so: Definition of symbol `_crlf' (multiply defined)
readline.so: Definition of symbol `_rl_end_undo_group' (multiply defined)
readline.so: Definition of symbol `_rl_kill_full_line' (multiply defined)
readline.so: Definition of symbol `_ding' (multiply defined)
histexpand.so: Definition of symbol `_history_no_expand_chars' (multiply
defined)
histexpand.so: Size element definition of symbol
`_history_no_expand_chars' (multiply defined)
histexpand.so: Definition of symbol `_history_tokenize' (multiply defined)
histexpand.so: Definition of symbol `_history_expansion_char' (multiply
defined)histexpand.so: Size element definition of symbol
`_history_expansion_char' (multiply defined)

Any idea, what could cause this problem? Thanx for your help, bye,
	Peter