Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 1999 12:40:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Kou Vang <vank@uwm.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD in a second hard drive

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Kou Vang wrote:

> Can anybody help with this question.  Right now I have a computer that's running Window98, what I want to do is add another drive to my system to run FreeBSD. Is it possible to have two drive on a system with each drive have different OS.

please set your mailer to wrap lines at 70 characters.

yes, freebsd can run on the second harddrive of your system,
however at the boot prompt you'll have to do this:

set root_disk_unit= <drive number>

if the machine has problems booting after install.

you can perminantly set that by editing files in /boot
check "man loader" after you are up and running.

-Alfred