Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:45:58 +0200
From:      Clemens Hermann <haribeau@gmx.de>
To:        isp@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   central user management for jails

Hi,

after a long run I finally did not find a way to manage users on the host
system and make them availabe in several jails, all started on the host.
I have tried NIS which did not work because of portmap. Several other solutions
do not offer a way to manage an /etc/group replacement. NIS is quite what I
am looking for, except - it does not work.

Did anyone find a way to centrally manage a userbase on a machine running
a bunch of jails which offers /etc/passwd and /etc/group replacement?

Thanks a lot in advance

/ch

--
"Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly.
It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with."