Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:01:22 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/usb ehci.c ehcireg.h uhub.c usb_subr.c usbdivar.h

Ian Dowse wrote:

>iedowse     2004-11-03 01:52:50 UTC
>
>  FreeBSD src repository
>
>  Modified files:
>    sys/dev/usb          ehci.c ehcireg.h uhub.c usb_subr.c
>                         usbdivar.h
>  Log:
>  Merge recent USB2/EHCI related changes from NetBSD:
>   o Reduce the interrupt delay to 2 microframes.

This is an improvement but still too long really.
We should try get a notification when your last request has completed..
2uFrames is still 250uSecs  limiting you to 4000 transactions per second.
great for mice and stuff.. still a limitation for some devices..
for example ugen only transfers 1024 byte requests (or at least did last
time I looked)
so you are still limitted to 4MB/sec transfer on a ugen device..
(I fixed that locally here by allowing ugen to ask for up to 16KB
transfers.. but that's a workaround)