Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 97 02:36:30 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   ET3000 + AHA 1542B

Hi,

Is there a known incompatibility between those 2 boards? I have a
machine which will not boot with an et3000 vga card and an adaptec
1542B. The machine locks after
  aha0: Rev 41 (AHA-154x[AB]) V0.5, enabling residuals, target ops
  aha0: reading board settings, dma=5 int=12 id=7  (bus speed defaulted)
  aha0 at 0x330-0x333 irq 12 drq 5 on isa
  aha0 waiting for scsi devices to settle

The led on the adaptec stay on and I have to use the power swich to
reset the machine. Booting with only the adaptec works, booting with
only the et3000 works. I have tried 2 differents IRQs (11 and 12) for
the 1542 with no luck. Moving the cards in different slots does not
help either.

Any idea?

Jean-Marc
 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr