Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 07:21:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Still having problems installing cvsup

	I am still having problems installing cvsup from the ackages sustem.
	I have obtained and installed using the -f option both
	modula-3-lib-3.6 and modula-3-3.6. The lib package still complains
	about old versions of the shared libs being present. Unfortunately I
	can't fins any evidence of an old package in /var/db/pkg, so I can't
	make pkg_delete remove them. I have used the -f option to pkag_add for
	both of these packages, but when I try to install the cvsup package
	without the -f optio, I still get the warning about olde versions of
	shared libs in  /usr/local/lib/m3/FreeBSD2. I did run ldconfig after
	installing the 2 modula packages.

	At this point in time the system has warned me about this multiple
	times, so I am relucatnat to use the -f option on the cvsup package.

	What should I do?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955