Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:48:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHC / SCSI UPDATE

	I have now received many replies to my post
about the AHC / SCSI problems.  There is an amazing
pattern here.  It would seem there are a great many
users of Micropolis Disks and DAT tape drives who
see the exact same problems I see with several adaptec
controllers (2940, 1540, and others).  These same
people report no problems with these devices on
Buglogics or NCR controllers.  Several people also
report they see no problems on systems with an
Adaptec Segate or Adaptec Quantum pairing.

	So, I think there is some issue here with
Micropolis / DAT drives and the Adaptec card/driver.
What I am at a loss to is how to track this down.
How do I go about verifing that it is a driver bug,
or a SCSI incompatability between the Micropolis and
the Adaptec?

--
    Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org
System Administration - Network Design