From:      Berndt WULF <Bwulf@quiktrak.com.au>
To:        rbettle@criterion-group.com, jhorn1@desperate.ci.tucson.az.us
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, misc@openbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft ask users to crack win2000 site (fwd)

Worse still, do we want to debug their operating sytem for them free of =
charge?
After all, this is a task for MS=27 software test engineers - right?=20

cheerio Berndt

>>> Roy Bettle <rbettle=40criterion-group.com> 11/08/99 2:45:18 >>>
Two issues to bear in mind:

1) M=24 is having a hard enough time just getting the Win2K computer to =
stay
running.  The first time they turned it on and placed it =22in the line of =
fire=22
for this challenge, it crashed within 4 hours and was subsequently down =
for
over 24 hours.

something so ridiculously unstable?

2) This is obviously an attempt by M=24 to have those of us in the Open =
Source
community help them learn how to write a decent OS.

the media
to the products we may have had to support in our =22day jobs=22 - do we =
really
want to help these =24%=21=5E*()& at all?

Just my =240.02.

RAB

                                                                           =
                                                                           =