Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:33:00 -0500
From:      Raymond Gibson <raymond.gibson@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   jail - unable to print from inside jail

I'm trying to setup CUPS (in a jail) using a USB printer on
my host machine. My host was built with as a minimal FreeBSD 7.2-Release=20
install. I added ezjail and created two jails. Both jails are working and I=
=20
can login to both using ssh.

I'm trying to build one of the jails as a print server. I added the followi=
ng=20
to it:
cups-1.3.10_1
hpijs-2.1.4_3
libijs-0.35_1
foomatic-db-20090530
foomatic-filters-4.0.1_2

On the host i did the following:

I added this to /etc/devfs.conf
own     ultp0   root:cups
perm    ultp0   0660

I added this to /etc/devfs.rules

# Printers
add path ltp[0-9]* mode 0660 group cups
add path ultp[0-9]* mode 0660 group cups
add path unltp[0-9]* mode 0660 group cups

[devfsrules_jail_PrintServer=3D10]
add path ltp[0-9]* mode 0660 group cups
add path ultp[0-9]* mode 0660 group cups
add path unltp[0-9]* mode 0660 group cups

I added cups:*:193:root,<user> to /etc/group

After a reboot, I can access the administration website.
I added a printer and allowed remote access.=20

=46rom administration page - printer status:
Location: Home
Printer Driver: HP PhotoSmart 7350 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published.
Device URI: usb:/dev/ulpt0=20

Wen printing a test page from administration page i get permission denied.
HPPhotosmart7350 (Default Printer) "Unable to open device file "/dev/ulpt0"=
:=20
Permission denied"

How do i solve this?

Please let me know if more information is needed.

I thank you for your time and help in advance.