Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:08:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rev DNS on SSh

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, David Daugherty wrote:

> How can I stop reverse dns on every ssh? I've looked in the /etc/ssh and
> /etc/ssh2 and can't find any lines pertaining to this.

What's the problem?  This is a good thing (for security, anyway.)

Maybe you have a modem that goes online when you don't want it to
because of ssh-ing localy?  Then I would either put the hosts in
/etc/hosts or run a local nameserver for your private network.

If you must, a skipping the "if" condition in
/usr/src/crypto/openssh/canohost.c around line 74 would do what you
want, but again, I can't imagine why you would want to change this
behavior.

-Paul.