Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 00:12:27 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@scorpion.crimea.ua>
To:        danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru (Alexey N. Dokuchaev)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Terminal colors

hi,

 AND> Say I want to change the man colors when I read mans at the console.  More
 AND> precisely, I don't like that underlined text shows up as reversed (black
 AND> letter on while(grey,7) backround).  How (and where) do I need to say that
 AND> I want, say, yellow on black instead of reversed when displaying
 AND> underlined-supposed-to-be text.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

For supported escape sequences (sequences used to change colors) you can
read screen(4) manpage.

Then read termcap(5) manpage. It will describe you termcap file structure.
Pay espessial attention for `md' (bold mode on) and `so' (standout mode on)
directives.

Contact me directly if you need more comments.

--
/* Alexey Zelkin                       && phantom@cris.net    */
/* Tavric National University          && phantom@crimea.edu  */