Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 16:34:20 +0800 (GMT+0800)
From:      "Humprey C. Sy" <humprey@linux1.dlsu.edu.ph>
To:        "Mr. Tony Ward" <tward@tward>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soundblaster CDROM Still Need Help

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Mr. Tony Ward wrote:

> I have run the atapiflp.bat.  Am I suppose to use wcd for the port?
> How do I determine what address to use.  When DOS boots my sound card
> the card gives me an address.  Do I use this?  The documentation  refers
> to a IDE CDROM.  I have an IDE harddrive, but my CD is not connected to
> it.  The CD is connected to my soundblaster card.  This is a quad speed
> drive.  The documentation is a little confusing if you are not extremely
> knowledeable on hardware.

Likewise my problem.  I have a CD200 double speed CDROM from Creative
Labs.  It's IDE but it's connected to my sound card.  I've tried to
include ATAPI, but it didn't work!

I did try to include matcd0 (Matsushita/Panasonic).  It went as far as
probing for the device, but somehow it can't find it.  Can anybody shed
light here?  It's such a drag having to still copy them to my DOS
partition.

- Humprey -