Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 12:22:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time to do more writing

On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Sean Kelly wrote:

> Here's an outline, but I have no idea if it's good:

Planning on writing a book?  :-)

This looks pretty good.  Something to consider is that this is basically
*TCP/IP* networking and it seems like plain terminal connections are
somewhat lost in the IP ocean.  I'm not sure how best to do it, but I would
like to see non-tcp/ip stuff split out into a distinct "old technologies"
section to make it easier to find.

I think security issues also must be addressed somewhere because
networking and security are pretty much married to each other.  We could
either stick security concerns in-line, or build a vaguely parallel part
on security issues and provide cross links.  I lean toward the latter
because it allows people who already have the technical side of
networking down quickly find security information without digging through
lots of material they already know.

Our current material on security might lend itself to this arrangement.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============