Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 1995 21:46:42 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   DX4-75 486?

After much fruitless searching looking for a 5v CPU, I've been offered a
DX4-75 iNTEL CPU (actually clock tripled). Just about all the other CPUs on
offer were 3.3v. The one catch (of course) is that you have to run the
motherboard at 25MHz, rather than 33MHz. I can do this (it is an old OPTi MB,
so old it doesn't even have VLB slots), but it also has knobs in the BIOS to
twiddle for wait states on the memory (70ns) & cache (25ns). I'm tempted to
haul those right back, as it won't be running at 33MHz. Any ideas? Anybody
used one of these things?

	Stephen
--

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!