Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 1995 02:17:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible broken ports?

I just built a stock 2.1.0-950726-SNAP system on a Pentium, rebuilt the
kernel to cut out all the junk and started throwing ports all over the
place.  I had a couple that didn't make it:

(1)  perl5: configures great, but falls over with:
[...]
Extracting x2p/s2p (with variable substitutions)
Run make depend now? [y]
"Makefile", line 110: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 233: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===>  Building for perl-5.001
"Makefile", line 110: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 233: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

(2)  xcdplayer:  compiles fine, but when I started actually using it
     (I have a "FUJITSU M1606S-512 6226" on a AHA-2940 scsi bus),
     it managed to completely lock up my system.  My gauge of a locked
     up system is when things are so bad the numlock key doesn't light
     up anymore...and I was there.  Whole system locked up waiting for
     something to happen.  It occured when I was punching buttons
     wildly trying to figure out what everything did.

This is all I've got so far.  I'm not in the ports group, please keep me
in the :cc (especially in case I've done something dumb.)

Thanks

Brian