Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 21:02:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dev Chanchani <dev@wopr.inetu.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pages loading slowly.

We have begun to transmit a descent amount of data over our T1. Several
our of hosting clients have written me concerning their pages loading
slowly. My question, for someone who has been here before, is where is the
bottleneck?

We are putting about 50 - 70 kilobytes through our T1.
We are putting about 100 - 300 packets per second on our local net

Our hardware is:

We server: P150 w/ 64 Megs of Ram
	   IDE Drives
	   (No indication the server is bottlenecked).

Hubs:
Linksys 10 port (which the router is connected to), Linksys 5 port and Bay
16 port all unswitched.

The collision lite comes about about ever second or two.

I think we have too many packets per second for our $50 linksys hubs. But,
I am not sure where the bottleneck maybe. I am looking for some helpful
suggestions and methods to help me pinpoint the bottleneck.

Thanks in advance!