Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:28:34 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <rsm@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   JKH quoted in Internet Computing

I hope this hasn't been mentioned already (my -advocacy subscription seems
to have died; haven't seen anything in over a week.)

Anyway, there's a brief quote from Jordan in the current IEEE Internet
Computing, part of a piece on the freebie Solaris (supposed to encourage
people to develop for it -- so they ship it without a compiler.  Clever).

  ... Open-source advocates clearly disagree.  "Without the source code,
  there's only so much 'development' one can do---which is very little,"
  says Jordan K. Hubbard, coporate liasion for FreeBSD, a nonproprietary
  advanced Unix operating system for PC-compatibles.

It's nice to see jkh getting quoted in these things rather than esr or some
other Linux evangelist.  Of course, there is yet another plug for the
'Bazaar' paper in the same issue, but you can't have everything your own
way all the time, I guess :(

URL for the above article is:
  http://computer.org/internet/v2n5/w5news.htm#solaris

Cheers,