Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:22:49 +0100
From:      Gildas PERROT <perrot@FranceNet.fr>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccardd on FreeBSD 3.0 for 3C589D and Xircom CEM56-100

Hi,

I am trying to make those 2 pc-cards working on my Toshiba Satellite Pro
490XCDT. The 3C589D was working with the default zp0 kernel entry but I would
like to use pccardd now. I read that under 3.0, ep0 driver is preferred (why?)
than zp0 and also read the contrary. SO, I tried to use ep0 *and* zp0 in
/etc/pccard.conf like that :

# Generally available IO ports
io      0x240-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (Built-in sound-card owners remove 5)
irq     3 5 10 11 13 15
# Available memory slots
memory  0xd4000  96k

# 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D
card "3Com Corporation" "3C589D"
        config  0x1 "zp0" ?
        insert  echo 3Com Etherlink III inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether zp0
        remove  echo 3Com Etherlink III removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig zp0 delete

But I had :

Nov 23 09:02:15 breizh pccardd[296]: pccardd started
Card inserted, slot 0
Nov 23 09:02:55 breizh pccardd[296]: driver allocation failed for 3Com
Corporation

In my kernel, I have :
device ep0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 vector epintr
device zp0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000 vector zpintr

dmesg says :
zp0 not found at 0x300
ep0 not found at 0x300

Any idea about to resolve my problem ?

Furthermore, I put an entry for my Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100+ Modem 56
card :

card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + "
        config  0x23 "sio2" 3
        insert  echo Xircom CreditCard Modem inserted
        remove  echo Xircom CreditCard Modem removed

But when launching pccardd, I got :

Code 136 not found
Code 136 not found
code Unknown ignored
Code 138 not found
Code 138 not found
code Unknown ignored
code Manufacturer ID ignored
Code 138 not found
Code 138 not found
code Unknown ignored
Nov 23 09:14:31 breizh pccardd[374]: Resource allocation failure for Xircom

Any idea with this other problem ?

Finally,is there any news about support of both modem and ethernet on Xircom
or other multifunction cards ?

Thanks in advance for your help.			Gildas.
--
Gildas PERROT, perrot@francenet.fr         __o
FranceNet, 28 rue Desaix, 75015 Paris ---_ \<,_