Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 00:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Zeev Mindali <zeevm@isdn.net.il>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please Help me

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Zeev Mindali wrote:

>hi again to all,
>
>i'm new user in freebsd (installed 2.2.7 on p-ii 300 with 128mb ram):
>1) i have four nic (two 3com isa 509 and two 3com pci 905), my computer
>find all the four, but give me only one for ep0, how do i configure all
>the four nic?

	I think pci 905 is vx0 and not ep0 - make sure you kernel has vx0
enabled. If you are running -stable then note that vx0 has been switched
to xl0:

xl0 <3Com 3c905 Fast Etherlink XL 10/100BaseTX> rev 0 int a irq 11 on pci
xl0: Ethernet address: 00:60:08:15:bc:65

	If I would have two 3Com 3c905 cards, I would have to compile my
kernel with the following lines:

device xl0
device xl1

	In other words your kernel should have:

device ep0
device ep1

	and

device vx0 (or xl0)
device vx1 (or xl1)

>2) how do setup a firewall on my system , could someone wriet me how to
>do it, or any good place for inst. to it, i looked in the hand book ,
>but i didn't find out how

<lame plug>
	http://www.inetdevgrp.org/19980818/ppframe.htm
</lame plug>