Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:11:54 PST
From:      "Frikkie Thirion" <frix_bsd@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Wine and FreeBSD clone port

Hi there

I'm currently running 3.0-RELEASE with my ports and src updated to
present state via CTM.  I've rebuild world with the
-DCOMPAT_LINUX_THREADS and -DVM_STACK switches in /etc/make.conf as
described at http://lt.tar.com.  At lt.tar.com I alse found a port for
FreeBSD which will  emulate the Linux thread/clone function.  The port
installed like a charm, and I included therefrom the -D_THREAD_SAFE and
-lpthread (as well as some include and lib paths) switches into my
/etc/make.conf.
The problem that I'm experiencing is that wine still doesn't detect the
clone function during its auto configuration procedure and subsequently
builds without thread support.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Kind regards
Frikkie Thirion