Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:42:12 +0100
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        dkwiebe@heartland.ab.ca
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: German Staroffice Port

> Also I have a patch laying here waiting for me to use which
> will allow you to set the TMPDIR variable so that you don't have to use
> your /tmp directory.

I think I have a better solution: As temporary directory I only use
${WRKDIR}/tmp. Then I do a

@${CP} /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf ${WRKDIR}/tmp/ld.so.conf.temp
@${ECHO} "${WRKDIR}/tmp" >> ${WRKDIR}/tmp/ld.so.conf.temp
@/usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -f ${WRKDIR}/tmp/ld.so.conf.temp

So we use for the whole installation the temporary-dir ${WRKDIR}/tmp/.
Writing into the original ld.so.conf had the bad effect that a make
deinstall did not remove the entries. After six installations I had
12 entries there :)

A make clean removes the tmp directory and everything works as it should.
The /tmp/sv001 directory is not created anymore.

Just look at my german pert version 1.1 I've just finished:

http://www.attic.ch/ports/staroffice5-german11.tar.gz

Martin

PS: next week I'll be away, so I cannot answer any mails.

Martin Blapp, mb@imp.ch
Improware AG, UNIX solution and service provider
Zurlindenstrasse 29, 4133 Pratteln, Switzerland
Phone: +41 79 370 26 05, Fax: +41 61 826 93 01