Date:      Sun, 26 Dec 1999 09:29:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@toplink.net>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@freebsddiary.org>
Cc:        "J.C. Frazier" <wolfman@csocs.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FP extensions installed

Hi,

we use following command to setup frontpage webs fully automatically
from a perl script that also sets up the webserver.

We use apache with the apache-fp patch applied

system("$fpsrvadm -o install -t apache-fp -servconf $confdir/httpd.conf-dummy -multihost $server_name -username admin -password $passwd -xUser $user -xGroup www");

Greetings
Christian

On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 24 Dec 99, at 23:55, J.C. Frazier wrote:
>
> > This happens when mod_frontpage (the apache patch) isn't used.  What it looks
> > like to me is that during installation you chose option 2 (apache) instead of
> > option 3 (apache-fp).
>
> Checking my notes, I used option 3 (apache-fp)
>
> http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/apachefpssl-options.htm)
>
> > Try using fpsrvadm without the -t option if you know you have installed it
> > correctly.  It will revert to the way you installed it without modifications
> > in that case.  My guess is that fpsrvadm is confused with the -t option.
>
> OK.  Not using -t seems to fix the SRMOptions problem.  However, I
> still get prompted for the server type.  But at least there is a workaround
>
> # ./fpsrvadm.exe -o install -s /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf  \
> >                         -p 80 -m racing.unixathome.org -u racing -p racing  \
> >                         -xu susan -wg www
>
> Please enter server type:
> 0) apache
> 1) apache-fp
> 2) ncsa
> 3) netscape-enterprise
> 4) netscape-fasttrack
> 5) stronghold
> Your choice [0]: 1
>
> Starting install, port: racing, web: "root web"
>
> Password for user "racing":
> Confirm password:
> Creating web http://racing.unixathome.org
> Chowning Content in service root web
> Install completed.
>
> > I run the same version and have no problem with that.  Also, try
> > running fpsrvadm without any options once.  It will give you a list of
> > options and walk you through the process.  Hope this helps.
>
> I have used both methods.  It appears that the command line method
> doesn't like -t.  <shrug>
>
> thanks.
> --
> Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
> The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/
> NZ FreeBSD User Group - http://www.nzfug.nz.freebsd.org/
> The Racing System     - http://www.racingsystem.com/racingsystem.htm
> unix @ home           - http://www.unixathome.org/

TopLink Internet Services GmbH			ck@171.2.195.in-addr.arpa
Christian Kratzer				http://www.toplink.net/
Phone: 	+49 7032 2701-0
Fax: 	+49 7032 2701-19	FreeBSD spoken here!