Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 01:15:07 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        phk@freebsd.org, grog@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum possible casulty of B_* patches?

I'm about to wander down vinum's source again.

With a kernel and vinum module dated approx Tue Feb 29 06:53:56
PST 2000 everything works fine.

I recently (tonight) I cvsup'd to 5.0 to play with Matt's SMP stuff
and came across a problem where it seems that 5.0 doesn't get any
IO down to my vinum striped disks.

I'll get panics, but then rebooting both my old and new kernels+modules
the vinum volume is "clean" which leads me to belive that somewhere
writes just aren't making it through to my disks.

If I do a reboot I'll loose something like thousands of buffers
but yet my vinum drive is "marked clean" on boot without the need
for fsck.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let you guys know what's going on hopefully
you'll have a solution faster than I will.

thanks,