Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 12:36:42 -0600
From:      Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble with Soundblaster 64V

Udo Erdelhoff wrote:

> Moin,
> > Try this and let me know if it works
> Well, it helps. With your patch, I'm able to play mp3s if (and only if) I
> do not use boot -v. I kid you not :
>
> There's still a delay of approx. 3-4 seconds during mpg123's startup
> message and the first samlple of the first second. (This may be a problem
> with mpg123, allthough I did not experience this with the SB16).

Hmm not sure about that... could be mpg123 waiting for it's ring buffer, but
I doubt it.

The odd thing you have a rev 0x06 card... most of the problems have been
with rev 0x07 or higher.

The mixer stuff is quite odd also, the values reported are read from the card.
So that should what the cards thinks things are set to.
NOTE bass and treble are always being reported as supported even though
they may not be by the card. I should look at removing that behavior.

What mother board to you have? Most of the problems we are seeing
are with the ASUS boards.

--
Russell Cattelan
cattelan@thebarn.com