Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:17:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Lee <nugundam@nerv.nu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        luigi@info.iet.unipi.it
Subject:   ip_fw.c: /kernel: invalid state: 0x3

After moving my 3.4S box to 4.0S today, I've been getting a lot of
"/kernel: invalid state: 0x3" messages.

Grepping through my mail spool, and /usr/src, it seems it's related to
ip_fw.c where it checks for a invalid state in the statefullness of the
firewall rules.

Going by the previous emails which went over this, I don't have any
keep-state rules on ip, just tcp rules, and udp rules.  The error code is
0x3 which looks like a TH_SYN | TH_FIN.

I do have SYNFIN drop sysctl compiled in the kernel, but it's not enabled.
Is this some strange interaction here?

--
Joseph nugundam =best=com==/==\=IIGS=/==\=Playstation=/==\=Civic HX CVT=/==\
#            Anime Expo 2000            >> www.anime-expo.org/              >