Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:15:35 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Windriver, Slackware and FreeBSD

Today's announcement of the abandonment of Slackware caught me by
surprise. All Slackware employees laid off. Slackware was *profitable*
for Walnut Creek and BSDi. I think they've lost more in good will than
they will gain. That, plus some blatant GPL baiting, makes Windriver
pretty slimy.

So, how is FreeBSD going to fare? Will they be canned as well? Will they
try to distance themselves from Windriver? I think it would serve
Windriver right if Slackware, FreeBSD and the ftp.freesoftware.com
people upped, left, and started over with their own company.

David