Date:      Mon, 01 Jan 2001 11:34:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Heffner <spock@techfour.net>
To:        FreeBSD-audit <FreeBSD-audit@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Overflows in /usr/bin (halfway)

Hi,

I ran my overflow testing program through the /usr/bin directory. It tests for
command line and environment overflows. It only made it half way through, but
it so far detected 16 binaries that overflowed (out of 239). I've posted
the output (links below), anyone that's looking for something to do and has the
time might want to look through the output.

http://my.ispchannel.com/~mheffner/freebsd/usr.bin.run-20001230-notemp.gz
53.7KB / 1,462.1 KB  (compressed/uncompressed)

P.S. If anyone decides to work on any of these let me know so that there isn't
any duplication of work.

--
  Mike Heffner     <mheffner@vt.edu>
  Fredericksburg, VA     ICQ# 882073