Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 12:50:14 -0700
From:      Ben Lovett <blovett@bsdguru.com>
To:        jdp@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/24871: Pagefaults occur at random on a 4.2-STABLE machine

I believe I saw jdp@FreeBSD.org (jdp@FreeBSD.org) write this:
> Synopsis: Pagefaults occur at random on a 4.2-STABLE machine
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: jdp
> State-Changed-When: Sat Jun 2 12:22:11 PDT 2001
> State-Changed-Why:
> I took a look at the code where the trap occurred (ip_input.c
> revision 1.130.2.11 line 492), and also at the revision history
> for this file.  There have been several bug fixes in exactly this
> portion of the code since this revision.  I have a strong suspicion
> that this problem will go away if you upgrade your system to the
> latest -stable, or at least to 4.3-release.
>
> Please let us know whether this fixes the problem, so that we can
> close the PR if appropriate.
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=24871

Since filing this PR I have acquired another laptop, and have not
noticed these symptoms since.  I have a feeling now that there was some
problems with the hardware as when I returned the system to my employer,
they reloaded Windows on it, and experienced similar problems.  With
crashes and the like (not that this is at all conclusive ;)